Thursday, October 31, 2013

Stand out

I want to be the one to stand out.

I want to be the one to represent.

To be the one who sits in the front row because I'm eager to learn.

To be the one who is expressive during worship and doesn't care who sees.

Who knows people are watching, and embraces it, not shies away from it.

To talk to new people and lets them know that they're welcome.

The one who prays out loud when it's quiet and speaks my mind,

wanting to be taught more about my God.

I don't want to be quiet!

I want to be the light to a dark and broken world.

I want to serve my God.

I want people to look at me and they see Jesus.

They see love, to my God and to everyone around me.

Compassion and care to the least of these ALL over the world.

I want people to be touched when they hear me speak,

and they know,

beyond a shadow of a doubt,

that I am a Christ-follower,

that I belong to him and speak his name.

I want to be different.

I want to stand out.




2 comments: