Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Letters to my loves {Witness}



Dear Witness,

How are you, love?

I remember last October, when you would stay by my side, hold my hand, and hug me.

I remember the way you would say quietly "Will you take me to America with you?"
 I remember it breaking my heart every time you asked that, whispering back "I wish I could"

I remember the day we left, you were one or the only kids around, hugging you tight and saying "I'm gonna miss you so much", and trying not to cry.
Coming very close when you said quietly "I'm gonna miss you too"

I remember the first time we pulled in to Sascu just a few months ago, you were there, hugging you tight as soon as I saw you.

You're not much for talking, not that I think you could say much in English if you were.

You're shy, but one of the sweetest little girls I know.

I remember the time I saw you sitting by the rail, painting.
You're eight years old, love, you didn't have to do that, but you did anyway.

I love your smile, Witness. Bright, shining smile that makes me want to smile back. 

I miss your sweet, shy, quiet, loving personality.
I miss your hugs and playing games that you taught me.
I even miss you laughing at me when I did it wrong ;)

I love you, Witness, I can't wait to see you again.

1 comment: