Saturday, December 14, 2013

30 in 30

Hey everyone! Today I want to quickly talk about a project I going on RIGHT NOW to help the people of Ghana, West Africa.

My friend Rebecca, who I've had the blessing of talking to and emailing back and forth with for a few months now and has become a huge inspiration for me, is helping build a computer lab/library/art center in Ghana for thousands of children and community members and she really needs your help. She has to raise $30,000 in 30 days to get the Education Center opened and allow the programs to begin. If you help out, thousands will have access to the amazing life-changing programs they have planned. 

Here's what Rebecca said the first day of 30 in 30, and a quick overview of what she's up to:

  • Last January I ran a 20 day fundraiser called 20for20 where I asked people to donate $20 in honor of my 20th birthday, hoping to raise $20,000 to fund the entire construction of the Education Center. In 20 days we raised over $12,000
  • I spent this past summer in Ghana and in 2.5 months the entire physical structure of the Center was built
  • In September we had a beautiful building standing, but no money to continue
  • We added up the costs needed to finish and open the Center and they equaled $30,000
  • move to Ghana in January and would love to have enough money to get right to work when I arrive
  • I love being challenged and am pretty competitive, the bigger the better
  • All of that led me to create……

30 in 30 began on November 27th and we've fallen WAY behind, would you be willing to donate something to help get the Education Center up and running? 
Guess what, there's even stuff in it for you, go check it out!


I'll leave you with some pictures of some of the cute kids who will be able to attend the Education Center once it opens, maybe their sweet face will prompt you to give more ;)



{for more information on Rebecca's journey to Ghana and more info on the Education Center, click here}


No comments:

Post a Comment