Monday, April 29, 2013

*82 days*

Today I opened my iPod with a notification from my "countdown" app.

"3 months to Uganda trip!"

Oh my, oh my. 

90 days from today I'll be back on a plane to my favorite place on the planet!!!

I check my iPod multiple times a day just to remind myself how much longer.

90 days isn't truly that long, but it feels like eternity.

it seems so long to wait to see the little ones I love so dearly again.

I'm so excited for everything we have planned for this July/August!!!

4/21/2013

****

The days in between are flying by.....

and yet ticking by ever so slowly.

Wasn't it 105 days yesterday?

Obviously I meant to post about it at 90 days.

I glance down at my countdown and suddenly it's 82 days.

I'm SO thankful that I get to go back to beautiful Uganda so soon!!!!

Me and Granjan will be staying there for a month, teaching sewing, playing with babies, dancing with kids, doing crafts, and so much more!

(Just saying, your grandma will never be as cool as mine)

We'll get to spend good amounts of time in both Jinja and Kampala.

We're teaching sewing at a girls' home in Jinja.

And of course my time in Jinja will be spent loving on my babies, a lot. :)

In Kampala we'll get to spend time hanging out with the SASCU kids.

Granjan is planning tons of different crafts and games and I can't wait to see all of them again!!

I can't believe how incredibly blessed I am go to Uganda for a month, 2 weeks is great, but a month filled with nonstop love and fun is more than I could ask for!!
I adore Uganda with all that I am, I long to be there, always.
To be with the little ones all day long.
Covered in dirt and sweat, holding multiple babies at once, sounds like the most amazing place in the world.
Uganda holds my heart is almost nonstop on my thoughts.

We got to go see the Watoto children's choir last night and it made me quite homesick <3
It was a BEAUTIFUL performance with 20 or so Ugandan children sharing their stories and their incredible gifts with us.

We talked to Innocent and a few of the SASCU children on Skype today and they asked me when I was coming back, it's SO amazing to get to tell them Soon!! 
Miss Sophia was so excited when we told her she had a sponsor! Innocent told us she was doing very well in school, so proud of our girl <3

Sophie and Isaiah <3
Me and Henry :D
Visiting the Primary children at school!!
Olivia, Witness, Me, Maria, "Mommy Laura", Irene, and "Daddy Mark"

We got to visit some of the Secondary kids as well!! 




2 comments:

  1. I bet you're excited! So cool that you get to go with your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post Molly! :D I wish so badly that I can join you on your journey. Though, I cannot wait to hear all about it! :)

    God bless you. <3

    xoxo
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete